Friday, June 28, 2024
Friday, June 28, 2024
Home » T20 World Cup 2024: Singh says India has ‘upper hand’ vs England

T20 World Cup 2024: Singh says India has ‘upper hand’ vs England

by Noe
T20 World Cup 2024: Singh says India has 'upper hand' vs England

Former all-rounder Robin Singh says India may have the “upper hand” against England in their upcoming T20 World Cup 2024 semifinal match.

Visit M88 Sports for more T20 World Cup 2024 news and other cricket updates.

Check out M88 Mansion’s best offers here.

SINGH SAYS INDIA HAS ‘UPPER HAND’ AGAINST ENGLAND DUE TO VENUE

Singh said India may have the advantage against England in their crucial match.

Interestingly, he said the match will be played at the Providence Stadium in Georgetown, Guyana.

The venue, Singh said, could benefit his compatriots.

“I still think India has an upper hand on this venue (Guyana),” Singh said.

The bowling combination that India possesses actually would suit this venue much more than England.”

“The important factor for England is probably Jofra Archer and Adil Rashid.”

“If India are able to counter those two guys, I think we can make some inroads into this England bowling attack,” he added.

SINGH CITES YADAV, PATEL, JADEJA AS KEY FACTORS

Furthermore, the former India all-rounder cited the presence of Kuldeep Yadav and spinners Axar Patel and Ravindra Jadeja as key factors to victory.

“From an Indian perspective, I think they’ve got most bases covered. The spinners have bowled well, they have really good attacking bowlers in the middle,” Singh said.

“Of course, you have the Bumrah factor, as he’s someone who can bowl at any stage of the game,” he added.

Moreover, this will be the second straight India-England in a T20 World Cup semifinal.

Additionally, the two teams collided in the 2022 edition, when England beat India by 10 wickets at Adelaide Oval.

INDIA SHOULD REPEAT PERFORMANCE IN WIN OVER AUSTRALIA, SINGH SAYS

Furthermore, Singh noted India’s win over Australia by 24 runs in the Super 8.

In that match, Patel and Yadav took a combined 3-35, although Yadav took seven wickets in three Super 8s matches.

“I think they (all three spinners) all are important. It’s not just Kuldeep,” Singh said.

“It; ‘s not just about one bowler, but it’s about having a combination of bowlers who can put pressure on the batsmen that allows the other bowler to actually maximize,” he added.

Singh warned that India must be wary of Archer and Rashid, who could decide the outcome for England.

You may also like

About M88 Sports

M88 Sports is a premier sports and entertainment news website that delivers the latest updates and in-depth coverage on everything related to sports, cricket and entertainment. From the latest scores and highlights to behind-the-scenes stories, M88 Sports has it all. Join our community today and stay up-to-date with the latest happenings in the world of sports and entertainment.

Copyright @2022 All Right Reserved M88 Sports